week eleven

After watching all the careers I gradually got a general idea of the whole VFX production process. Then I gradually started to think about my own career plans. I have also found a few careers that I like within this wide range. Below I have divided my own career plan into four sections.

First of all I hope that I will be able to study hard at university and produce some great visual effects. I hope to help me join a great visual effects company by the time I graduate. I will probably start out as a runner, as this will allow me to integrate more quickly into the industry, and I am keen to learn from many of the best people in the industry while working as a runner, which will also allow me to develop more systematic and standardised working habits within the company as soon as possible. During my time at runner I will involve myself in more projects and learn more. After all, what you learn at school is rather limited and in the company you may encounter more challenges. Sometimes the challenges you encounter or the difficulties encountered by other colleagues can be a rich treasure for you. I hope to identify and deal with more problems during this time. This will enable me to tackle problems later on in my career.

As I get to know the whole job, I hope I can start with animator and roto artist. First,Why I choose animator in the? Because I studied 3D animation as an undergraduate, so I’m probably going to be a bit more comfortable with animation. This way I can make fewer mistakes in my work and if the production goes well I can also learn new techniques such as programming. Secondly, animation itself is a career that I enjoy. So this will probably make me more motivated in my work. I chose the position of Roto artist because I wanted to exercise my patience and care. The visual effects industry often requires you to think and work quietly. This is the only way that you can produce a lot of work to perfection.

After I have worked for a few years and my job is stable I would like to become an FX TD. I was very interested in particle effects and fluid effects when I was an undergraduate and I think I really liked them. However, as I am not very good at programming myself, when I was in undergraduate I did not produce effects that worked very well. I hope that through my postgraduate studies and learning on the job I will be able to pursue this career in the future. In my normal work I can only use effects sequences that others have already made. So I hope I can create some real effects and use them to produce some great work. This position is a big challenge for me. But I am confident that I will be able to do these things well in the future.

In the long term I hope to become an Effect technical director. Because by this time I would have had plenty of work experience and would have been able to handle things. I think I can be a good leader because I have a very strong cohesive personality a lot of the time. I can also work from the employee’s point of view, because I hope that having been through this myself, I will be able to tell my team a lot of ideas and experiences. This will also help my team to take the road less traveled. I think I’ll be able to put together a good team at the end and produce a lot of good films.

In the end, this is just a simple plan for my own career, and it is only my first step. I hope that everything will go well in my future working life. But I will not be afraid of difficulties if they arise. I hope to continue working in this direction and eventually create excellent work.