Maya week 5

This week the Maya modelling focuses on the construction of a fireplace with a candle. As my computer is down I will upload the photos on Monday.

To make the fireplace I built it in two main sections. One is the interior of the fireplace and the other is the exterior of the fireplace and the decoration. First I built a square polygon and then made 9 copies of the same square polygon with the special copy tool. Then I used the band tool to turn these square polygons into arches. The square polygons were then sculpted into irregular stone shapes using the sculpting tool. The mantel is now ready for decoration.

For the interior of the arch I used plane for this. First create the plane and then combine it with the arch decoration and delete the planes outside the arch. Then extrude and scale. Finally the faces are joined. The interior of the fireplace is now complete.

Finally add the red brick material to the fireplace. The whole fireplace is then finished.

For the candles I am using cylindrical polygons. The details are then carved out using the carving tool. The candle is then given a plastic material. To reduce the reflection of the material. Finally the candle is finished.