maya week 3

Modelling

This week we have been learning to make bread and taps in Maya. First we created a sphere polygon and then subdivided it. The polygon was adjusted to the shape of the suitable bread by means of a lattice.

Once the model is roughly built, we open the UV editor to keep the UV more or less consistent. We separate the bottom of the loaf from the top with the clipping tool. This will make the UV more flat.

In the next step I gave the model the textures I had downloaded from the internet in turn. The textures were adjusted in hypershade. Once the texture was created, the bread was further shaped with the sculpting tool. This gives the bread a perfect look.

After the bread was finished, we cut the bread using Boolean differences. after the bread slices were made, below I adjusted the UV of the cut side. after the UV was adjusted. The material is given to the slice.

At this point, the main body of the loaf is complete. Next I made a plate for the bread by means of a cylindrical polygon. And I gave it a wooden texture.

Lighting and Rendering

In terms of lighting and rendering, I am using Arnold for rendering. Added spotlights to the scene as well as ambient lighting. Render settings and texture roughness were adjusted according to the rendered effect. This hopefully creates a bread as close to reality as possible.

Taps and bottles

In the second session we learned to tap. We started with the end of the tap. The whole part was created using the extrusion tool. After that, several cylindrical polygons and a spherical polygon were created. Then the switch part of the tap was created.Once the tap was built, a preset plastic material was added to the model. The model was also given a roughness. Finally, parallel and ambient lighting was added and rendered.